Thursday, June 3, 2010

Illinois Supreme Court finally decides case of lawyer who tampered transcripts to get a job

Back in January I posted my criticism of the Illinois Review Board's decision to recommend only an 18 month suspension in a much-publicized case involving a lawyer who lied on his law school application, plagiarized a paper while in law school and altered his transcripts to give himself better grades in 20 courses in order to get a job in a big firm. For my discussion on the case go here, here and here.

Today, I am pleased to report that the Illinois Supreme Court has shown some common sense and ignored the recommendation. It has decided to impose a three year suspension. I, of course, would have voted to disbar the lawyer, but that is another story. For more on the story go here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment