Sunday, September 22, 2024

ABA Ethics in 10 Podcast on Model Rule 8.4(g)

 A few weeks ago I discovered the ABA podcast "Ethics in 10" which features 10 minutes (or so) reviews of specific concepts in Professional Responsibility.  The most recent program was a review of Model Rule 8.4(g).  Long time readers of this blog know that I have posted a lot about MR 8.4(g), and that I have expressed my doubts about its text for many reasons.  This podcast simply explains what the rule says, what its goal was when adopted and goes over its background and history.  The speaker does not go into the debate over the rule's content or its possible unconstitutionality when applied to speech. For some of that discussion, go to the section on Model Rule 8.4(g) on this blog and read the many stories and comments I have posted over the years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment