Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How not to practice law: ignore the Court's orders

When I say "don't do it," I mean it! This is something I say to my 4 year old son all the time. It bugs me when I tell him "don't do X" and he then proceeds to do it.

It's a good thing my boy is not an attorney because such conduct can get him arrested!

The ABA Journal reports today that Lawyer Damon Rossi of Prescott, Arizona was arrested at his home, a day after he asked the detention officers if he could give his client a piece of candy, then ignored their answer when they said he could not do it. The County Sheriff's Office indicated "The concern we have is that no contraband should be passed to an inmate. That's the rule. We don't know what's in it. If we allow attorneys to feed our inmates it would be a security issue. They get fed three squares a day and we don't feed them in court."

No comments:

Post a Comment