Saturday, May 5, 2012

Judge dismisses drug case because of prosecutor's misconduct

Back in February, I posted a story about a judge who, after being asked by the Justice Department, refused to delete from an opinion the name of a district attorney who engaged in misconduct.  At the time I said that I was happy to see a rare example of a judge doing something to encourage proper conduct by district attorneys.

Today I am happy to report the latest chapter in this case:  the  drug-smuggling case has now been dismissed because of the prosecutor's misconduct.  The judge reportedly stated she wants to ensure that the U.S. Attorney's Office takes the misbehavior seriously.  Good for her!

You can read the full story here.

Thanks to the Legal Ethics Forum for the update.

1 comment:

  1. Great news! I'm happy to know that at least some judges take their job serious and do what they are supposed to do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete