Friday, December 6, 2013

Please complete this survey, it may help suggest changes to the disciplinary process in Georgia

Clark D. Cunningham, the Director of the National Institute for Teaching Ethics & Professionalism (NIFTEP) and Professor of Law and Ethics at Georgia State University College of Law has asked me to post this message:
A case in Atlanta that has caught the attention of the media this week opens a brief window of opportunity during which it may be possible to get an initiative going to  strengthen Georgia’s attorney discipline procedures. I am thinking of writing a letter to our state bar’s Committee on Disciplinary Rules and Proceedings recommending a number of changes. I would like to have as much comparative information about other states as possible when I write that letter. I have developed a very short on-line survey that would take less than 5 minutes to complete if the person is familiar with their own state’s disciplinary system. As you can see on the form, I offer to share the results.  Here is the link:  www.surveymonkey.com/s/DisciplinarySurvey  

Cordially,
Clark
As you will see from the survey it appears that Georgia has some unique rules.  Clark is trying to gather information on whether other jurisdictions have similar rules.  I completed the survey and it really does take less than five minutes to do so.